Berkeley Undergraduate Journal
Are you interested in joining the BUJ Editorial Board?
The Berkeley Undergraduate Journal has previously been run through the Decal program, but in Spring 2016 we will be operating as a Registered Student Organization with the ASUC.
How to Join: The new BUJ website is coming soon! In the meantime, contact the Editor-in-Chief at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in joining this semester.
As a member of the BUJ Editorial Board, you will...
- Receive training in the fundamentals of editing and gain opportunities for continued learning in the field
- Review papers and make editorial decisions regarding what
- Work closely with authors to help them turn selected submissions
into polished pieces
- Compile manuscripts for publication
- Attend weekly meetings
- Have opportunities to be elected as leadership members
What does the leadership board look for when accepting new Editorial Board members?
- An excellent work ethic
- A positive attitude
- The ability to work well with authors, other editors, and university faculty
- A willingness to be an active participant, learner, and contributor during the entire process: evaluating, editing, and publishing
- A willingness to make a commitment to the BUJ for at least one semester
- The Editor-in-Chief provides overall leadership for the journal,
particularly the editing staff, and works closely with the University
Advisor to oversee the journal's operations;
- The Managing Editor manages the BUJ's new website and helps the Editor-in-Chief manage the Editorial Board;
- The Layout Editor manages the final edited manuscripts and formats each paper according to high academic standards using professional publishing software;
- The Publicity Editor manages advertising for the journal to recruit new editors and call for submissions.
Questions? Please feel free to contact us.