Berkeley Undergraduate Journal
Are you interested in joining the BUJ Editorial Board?
The Berkeley Undergraduate Journal is now offering a DeCal, "Humanities and Social Science Publishing: The Berkeley Undergraduate Journal."
How to Join: Please visit the DeCal website for more information.
If you are interested in joining the Fall 2014 Staff, please show up to the first day of class.
As a member of the BUJ DeCal and Editorial Board, you will...
- Receive training in the fundamentals of editing and gain opportunities for continued learning in the field
- Review papers and make editorial decisions regarding what
- Work closely with authors to help them turn selected submissions
into polished pieces
- Compile manuscripts for publication
- Attend weekly class meetings
- Have opportunities to be elected as leadership members
What does the leadership board look for when accepting new Editorial Board members?
- An excellent work ethic
- A positive attitude
- The ability to work well with authors, other editors, and university faculty
- A willingness to be an active participant, learner, and contributor during the entire process: evaluating, editing, and publishing
- A willingness to make a commitment to the BUJ for at least one semester
- The Editor-in-Chief provides overall leadership for the journal,
particularly the editing staff, and works closely with the University
Advisor to oversee the journal's operations;
- The Managing Editor directs the journal's publicity process and helps the Editor-in-Chief manage the Editorial Board;
- The Layout Editor manages the final edited manuscripts and formats each paper according to high academic standards using professional publishing software.
Questions? Please feel free to contact us.